Saturday, January 6, 2007

JT's Stockroom - Locking/Buckling Wrist Cuffs (Red)

Rating: 4.5/5
Impressions: Perfect for those with small wrists and surprisingly comfortable.
Price:
$33 from JT's Stockroom

I already had a pair of perfectly good wrist cuffs before I bought these (as well as perfectly good thigh cuffs and ankle cuffs that match said wrist cuffs), but they have an annoying tendency to slip off of my wrists (which are tiny) at inopportune moments because they're made as a strip that's wrapped around the wrist much like a belt - leaving the door open for one end of the "belt" to slip out from under the other and release the pressure on the wearer's (read as: my) wrist. Not good when you actually expect your restraints to...well, restrain.

And so when I bought my new collar (because my current collar doesn't have an attachment point for a leash or any other add-on like wrist cuffs to attach to), I figured it was a sound idea to get a new set of wrist cuffs that would actually work for my twig-like wrists. I debated back and forth on getting cuffs that were made to match my collar (and which had a wool fleece lining, which may or may not have provoked an allergic reaction) or getting cheaper red leather restraints with no cushioning lining (or a black version identical to the red ones, but more expensive and less "supple," as JT's puts it). I went with the red ones. Why? Because they were cheaper and I didn't have to worry about the "Will I or won't I?" question of allergies or with the question of whether the leather would be too hard for my wrists.

Red normally wouldn't have been my first choice (I love red as a color, but black just seems more appropriate to bondage...ignore the fact that my old cuffs are purple and black...they at least have a significant amount of black on them), but they were on sale and they at least somewhat matched my new collar, which has a small red trim.

Ignoring my issues with non-black bondage gear, I'm extremely happy with my choice of cuffs. JT's makes a solid, functional and aesthetically-pleasing product when it comes to bondage gear, and these cuffs are no exception.

They easily and comfortably fit even tiny wrists like mine and can fit up to 8" wrists and wrap twice around, one end slipping through the other on the first round so that it's impossible for the two ends to slip apart the way my current cuffs do.

My only real complaint (and it's a minor one) is that they would be a tiny bit more comfortable with some sort of soft lining inside them, preferably something other than shearling wool, which seems to be the lining material of choice for many cuff makers (JT's included). The leather is fairly soft and doesn't really rub, but if you're like me and have bony wrists (and mine are extremely bony), then the tightness of the cuffs pushing on the bulbous parts of the wrist bones can be a bit painful.

(Buy Locking/Buckling Wrist Cuffs from JT's Stockroom)

No comments: