Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fun Factory - Sinnflut Reality

Rating: 5/5
Impression: Finally, the perfect vibrator!
Price: $155 from manufacturer, $124 from Wild in Secret, $149 from JT's Stockroom

I've been through a lot of money and a lot of vibrators (at least it seems like a lot, although I'm sure by some people's standards it's not been very many...three or four, most likely) in the last couple of months on my search for the perfect vibrator. Something strong enough to satisfy me and my apparently unnatural tolerance for vibration levels and something versatile, something that I can use both for penetration and for clitoral stimulation (although if I had to pick one over the other I'd pick clitoral stimulation hands down).

I'd almost given up on that goal when the Sinnflut Reality came into my life. As I've mentioned before, I'm an avowed fan of Fun Factory and nearly everything they make, even if some of it doesn't cut it for me, and the Sinnflut is a perfect example of their innovativeness, attention to detail and creativity.

True story: I received both a Hitachi Magic Wand (review to come) and a Sinnflut the same day. As I've mentioned before, I'm a girl whose motto in reference to vibrators is "the stronger the better," and the Magic Wand is supposed to be the gold standard of strong vibrators, which should have meant that the Sinnflut would be overwhelmed by the monstrous, hulking power of the Magic Wand, but just the opposite happened.

While the Magic Wand was nice - strong and consistent; one of the joys of corded sex toys - it just wasn't doing it for me so I switched to my new Sinnflut and the Magic Wand paled in comparison.

What's so phenomenal about the Sinnflut? Damn near everything. The silicone material - as in all Fun Factory silicone toys - is phenomenal (soft, squishy, warms to body temperature, never sticky or smelly), the size and shape are perfect (it's got a nice girth without being too big to be comfortable), it's completely waterproof, the controls are easy to use, it has 9 vibration strengths ranging from a barely there purr to a hard, insistent thrumming plus three vibration modes, it works equally well for clitoral, vaginal and g-spot stimulation (I haven't tried it for
anal stimulation yet) and it doesn't need batteries.

I also have to give the folks at Fun Factory a pat on the back for their uber creative and rather amusing styling of the control end and docking station on the Sinnflut. While the silicone insertable end looks like a penis (obviously), the control end and docking station have the look of female genitalia, albeit with a bit of artistic license on the control end (a joystick smack dab where the vagina would be...I'm not sure about other girls' bodies, but mine certainly doesn't have a joystick...although it might be fun if it did).

I only have one tiny complaint when it comes to the Sinnflut: there's no light or other indicator on the charger to let you know when the vibrator has been completely charged. A small quibble to be sure, especially in the face of such overwhelming near perfection. I'm confident in saying the search for the perfect all-around vibrator is over, although I'm sure that now and then another vibrator will be added to my collection. After all, variety is the spice of life.

(Buy a Sinnflut Reality from Wild in Secret or JT's Stockroom)

No comments: