Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Vixen Creations - Maverick

Rating: 4.5/5
Impressions: This is one big boy. I've definitely found my limit, but it feels good, even if it hurts a bit.
Price: $105 from manufacturer, $92 from Wild in Secret

All of my other Vixskin™ dildos have been in the Vanilla color (which isn't anything near what I think of when I think of vanilla, Peach would be far more accurate since it's not white, cream or even a dark brown like vanilla beans) but WIS sent me this one in Rootbeer (which really ought to be called Chocolate if you ask me), the size and color of which immediately brought to mind an episode of Sealab 2020 that had a brief segment involving a buzzing box full of sex toys ("The black one's their leader...he tells 'em what to do...gives 'em chores...") and had me laughing, thus completely ruining the impressive unveiling of this behemoth of a dildo.

And I really do mean behemoth. Picture the Lonestar with an extra 1/8" of girth and an additional 2" of length and a less realistically designed shape and you've got the Maverick. Style-wise, it's actually extremely similar to the Tex only bigger. A lot bigger.

Funnily enough, while there was never one of those "Oh my God, how am I going to fit this thing in there?" moments with the Lonestar, I had one with the Maverick, at least until I compared them side by side and reassured myself that they were similar in girth (length isn't anything to be terrified of if you ask me - unless it's being used for anal play since there's no built-in anatomical insertion depth limiter like the cervix involved there, although I generally prefer a shorter length to go with a wider girth for some reason). I can only think that it had to be the extra length that threw me off and had me thinking it was huge as opposed to being only slightly bigger than Lonestar.

But even considering the perceptual illusions of extra length making it look even more enormous than it really is (and, honestly, Maverick is big - even my husband who always says my toys "aren't that big," Lonestar included, commented on how big this one is), an eighth of an inch in diameter can make a difference in whether a dildo is pleasurable or painful given that 1/8" diameter translates into just over 1/3" of circumference if my math is correct. Yes, 1/3" doesn't sound that big, but when you're putting that extra 1/3" into a confined area, it can feel like a big change. And of course, there's a limit to what feels good. You can't add on 1/4" or 1/3" indefinitely and still have a toy feel good. That extra 1/3" can very well be the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

That being said, I think I can safely say that I've reached my size limit (girth-wise) with the Maverick. I might be able to go a tiny bit bigger without being in pain, but I'm not sure I'd want to try, honestly. Part of enjoying a sensation that's a breath away from being painful is to know when to draw the line and 2" of width is apparently where my line is going to be drawn. The funny thing is, I remember opening the my Magnum and having one of those moments where you feel like your eyes are bigger than your stomach ("Oh my God, how on earth am I going to fit that thing in there! It's huge! It didn't sound that big..."). That thing looked enormous to me at the time (a mere 3 months ago) but next to the Maverick that thing looks like a sapling and it makes me realize how my impressions and tastes have changed with experience.

I haven't tried the Tex dildo in the Vixskin™ line (although I'd like to at some point, in spite of it being on the small side; sometimes you want something smaller), but the Maverick is like Tex's big brother. Maybe Tex's big brother on steroids. Maverick retains Tex's g-spotting curve and ridged head, but supersizes them (7" x 2" vs. 6" x 1.6"). Everything on Maverick is scaled up from the length to the relative size of the head and ridges, which also means that the ridge of the head is quite pronounced on the Maverick. That can be a bad thing if you're like me and find it painful when a toy has a larger head with a distinct ridge, but the material once again saves the day and keeps the pronounced ridge from being painful (as long as you can handle the size of the Maverick, of course; if you can't, it may very well hurt anyway simply because of the sheer size of the entire package).

For me, a toy this size required some warming up (it was possible for me to get the Maverick in without warming up with some other, smaller toys first, but it hurt), but once I'd gotten everything primed and ready for the big act, the only pain I had was a bit of pinching on my inner labia, but that was easy to ignore thanks to the very pleasant feeling everywhere else. The Maverick definitely hit areas that rarely get stimulated and combined with the ridges and curved shaft, the girth made g-spot stimulation a very nice feeling, possibly even better than with the Pure Wand (which is saying something, considering how much I enjoy using my Pure Wand), most likely because of the fact that the Maverick fills you up everywhere and doesn't just provide g-spot stimulation.

I did find that thrusting was more difficult than with the smaller toys (even more than Lonestar), but with the size, there was plenty of stimulation even without vigorous thrusting. Don't get me wrong, it's not impossible to move the Maverick (at least not for me; obviously, I can't speak for the logistics of thrusting for someone else since our bodies and tolerances are all different) but it's more resistant to thrusting than a smaller toy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, though. Sometimes with a larger toy it can be more pleasant to keep it mostly in place and just rock it up and down or back and forth.

Personally, I think that the Outlaw might be a slightly better choice for me for a couple of reasons (the anatomical rather than round base and the straight shape), but the Maverick is still a definite winner in my book.

(Buy a Maverick from Wild in Secret)

No comments: