Saturday, November 18, 2006

Lelo - Nea Pleasure Object

Rating: 2.5/5
Impressions: Perfection of design, but not enough substance...an expensive disappointment
Price: $74.00 from manufacturer / $79 from Wild in Secret

I decided to buy Lelo's Nea vibrator after my disappointment with Fun Factory's Layaspot. I picked the Nea over the more expensive Lily because of the finish more than because of the price (not that I'm going to say that the price wasn't a deciding factor - a lot of money's been spent on sex toys in our household as of late and we're not exactly swimming in spare cash). The Nea has a hard plastic finish instead of the Lily's softer silky finish. I chose the Nea based on the knowledge that a hard plastic finish transfers vibrations more effectively - something important for a girl like me who needs a hard vibration to be satisfied with a toy.

My first impression of the Nea was one of awe. It's so small. Tiny. I don't think words can express how itty bitty and adorable this little technological marvel is. And the little flowers painted on its shiny black shell are a nice touch, even if I'm not a floral type of girl. The packaging is impeccable as well. It screams quality - expensive - attention to detail.

The Nea has a built in battery that is rechargable via a small cord that comes with the vibrator and lasts up to 7 hours on a full charge (according to Lelo, I never got that far) and is controlled by two small buttons that allow you to move up and down through the menu of vibration intensities. It also allows you to lock the Nea so that it doesn't turn on accidentally while its in storage. An excellent feature, if I do say so myself.

So far so good, right? Well, the Nea isn't all good, unfortunately. At least not for me. Yes, it's tiny and tiny things often aren't terribly strong (although I've had some bullets that have been quite intense), but I'd be encouraged - based on others' reviews - that this little baby was capable of packing a bang.

Unfortunately, I was underwhelmed by the Nea's vibrations, to say the least. My heart literally sank when I turned on my expensive new toy and realized that it was far too weak to do anything for me (which may just be my notorious tolerance for vibration levels rearing its ugly and unwanted head), but I tried it any way, so that I knew for sure (there was no return policy on it, so I couldn't have sent it back to the store I bought it from and gotten my money back anyway) that it wasn't going to work. Simply put, it didn't. I could barely feel its soft purr, even with it turned all the way up, although it certainly looked beautiful, sitting there doing nothing for my sexual desire.

I hate to say that this one really didn't do it for me. It's beautiful and it's got quality written all over it, but it's just too weak to work for me. Perhaps for someone who's more easily satisfied by a weaker vibration, but not for me.

(Buy a Nea Pleasure Object from Wild in Secret)


No comments: