Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Spartacus Leathers - Adjustable C-Clamps

Rating: 2.5/5
Impressions:
Price: $16.75 from manufacturer, $16 from JT's Stockroom

I love nipple clamps and when I saw these on JT's Stockroom I knew I had to have them. They were solid looking, almost industrial and looked capable of producing some intense sensations wtihout the downfalls of alligator clips (no ridges to cause uneven pressure), plus the price was reasonable.

In reality, though, they don't quite live up to my exacting needs. While they look just the way I like - heavy, industrial, a little extreme - and while they feel great while on (plenty of pressure without uneven spots that cause pain the way previous nipple clamps have), the wheels fall off when it comes to actually using them the way that I'd like to. Namely, they slip off after one or two tugs on the chain.

Now, ther are people out there who wouldn't be bothered by that. Some people don't pull on their nipple clamps, they just want them for the pressure and pain they're capable of producing, but I'm not one of those people. While I enjoy just wearing them, I also expect them to be able to stay put even through moderate tugging. We're not talking about trying to tow a car with the chain, we're talking cautious, but moderately strong tugging.

These clamps do have their positives to go with the negatives, though. They're certainly not all bad and I do like them, I just don't love them and I'm disappointed that they won't function the way I need them to.

On the positive side, they're finely adjustable, meaning that unlike alligator clamps or clothespins or other models, you can adjust the amount of pressure according to personal tolerance levels and the effect you're trying to achieve. And they do feel good when they're in place - consistent pressure with just enough bite - and (while they stay in place) while tugging, it's just that they fall off.

(Buy Adjustable C-Clamps from JT's Stockroom)

No comments: