Thursday, December 14, 2006

Fun Factory - Magnum

Rating: 3.5/5
Impressions: Filling but not painful. A lot of fun, but it doesn't quite work for what I bought it for.
Price: $58.90 from manufacturer, $29 from Wild in Secret, $28 from JT's Stockroom

I've mentioned many times before that I'm a huge fan of Fun Factory's silicone toys and that's why when it came time to pick out a dildo to go with my new Monkey Rocker (review coming soon), I picked one of their toys.

The Magnum is a fairly hefty toy (although nowhere near as large as some of the extreme toys out there on the market) - measuring in at 5" in circumference (1.6" in diameter, 1.75" at the widest point of the head) - but Fun Factory's silicone material is so forgiving that even those unaccustomed to bigger toys should be able to handle it with a little lube and a bit of adventurousness. I'm certainly no size queen, but it's definitely manageable for me, even if it did look a teeny bit intimidating fresh out of the box. With this one, it's all in the material.

The Magnum is made in a pseudo-realistic style: sort of a stylized penis with a simple head and a smaller shaft. Interestingly, the head on this particular toy points downward rather than upward the way most toys with an angle do. Personally, I would prefer if it pointed upward because it would make the insertion of the toy a bit easier (the ridge on the head makes it a bit difficult for me, personally, to insert because the bend of the toy forces it up and it drags during insertion, making it a bit painful).

The wide base on the Magnum gives it stability if you want to set it on a stable surface rather than holding onto it, although a little stabilization from a free hand wouldn't hurt. Incidentally, (and I'm sure that this wasn't the intention of Fun Factory when they made this particular toy, but I found it interesting) the base is a bit sticky on the underside, which means that if you set it on a smooth, flat surface (something like a table-top or your kitchen counter if you're really feeling adventurous), it tends to stick in place. Sticking it to a vertical surface like a shower wall probably won't work, although mine stuck in place for a good 15 minutes before I took it down (granted, I wasn't actually using it, it was just stuck there out of curiosity). The weight of the Magnum is just too much for it to be able to stick under its own will when gravity's pulling down on it.

Unfortunately, the same base that gives this particular dildo stability also makes it difficult to use a vibrator any bigger than your standard egg on your clit at the same time. So consider the base a double-edged sword in this particular instance.

As I mentioned before, I picked this dildo out to go with my Monkey Rocker, but sadly it's a bit awkward for me to use on it. I'm sure someone with more experience with larger toys wouldn't have a problem, but I had difficulties getting settled on it while on the Rocker.

Off of the Rocker it's a lot of fun if a tiny bit unwieldy. Filling but not painful and with a soft arch to it that stimulates nicely. My only real complaints are the size of the flared base (makes it hard to use a vibrator but serves it well on the Monkey Rocker or, I would imagine, in a harness and gives it stability if you want to mount it on a flat surface) and the way the head drags on insertion (which may be a personal issue since I'm not used to a bigger toy).

I think this one is just going to take some learning to get the most out of it. It's a fantastic toy and I can see it's got quite a bit of potential. I just need a bit more practice.

(Buy a Magnum from Wild in Secret or JT's Stockroom)

No comments: