Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Vixen Creations - Gee Whiz

Rating: 3/5
Impressions: If I loved the Wand, I'm sure I'd like the Gee Whiz more, but it can't quite make up for my issues with the Wand itself.
Price: $45 from manufacturer, $45 from Wild in Secret

As I mentioned in my Magic Wand review, I'm willing to give the Wand a second shot by combining it with one of the attachments produced by Vixen Creations (which is quickly becoming my favorite sex toy producer, incidentally) and since my brand spankin' new Gee Whiz has recently arrived, today was the time to conduct my secondary tests (it sounds so scientific that way - I like to picture myself wearing a lab coat and very scholarly looking glasses rather than butt nekkid with my hair all tangled) and decide whether there was any turning the Magic Wand into the pinacle of sex toy goodness that 99% of other women seem to think it is.

I had high hopes for the Gee Whiz considering that it's made by one of my favorite manufacturers (Vixen) and is made from my favorite sex toy material (silicone), but while I have to say it's definitely a quality product and would probably make many Magic Wand lovers very happy, it just doesn't do much for me (mainly because it's mainly dependent on a toy that's already proven itself to be not quite my cup of tea).

Aesthetically speaking, the Gee Whiz is up to Vixen's high standards. The silicone material is beautiful to look at with its meandering blue swirls and the design is rather adorable in a weird sort of sex toy way, although it looks rather funny perched atop the Magic Wand, making it look a bit too much like Gonzo of Muppets fame for my liking.

Functionally, however it falls a bit short of my expectations. It certainly hugs the head of the Wand perfectly (gripping without being difficult to get on), but the insertable portion of the Whiz is a bit too floppy and flexible for it to really work for me. Of course, you don't want it to be too firm, but there's just too much flex to it to really be able to be able to insert easily and apply the kind of pressure to my g-spot that I was hoping for. It does work fairly well as an external clitoral stimulator since it targets the vibrations in a smaller area, but, again, the flexibility can be an issue again since it means that you have to make sure not to press it against yourself too hard (which can be an issue when your brain is trying to take a vacation - the last thing you want is to have to worry about getting just the right amount of pressure on the object of your stimulation). Using the Gee Whiz as a clitoral stimulator instead of just using the Wand on its own for the same purpose also means that you're sacrificing some of the vibration strength (which may or may not be a bad thing, depending on your personal tastes) in exchange for more targeted stimulation.

For me, the vibrations were still (roughly) strong enough even with the Gee Whiz attached, but it just didn't quite work for me. Using it for penetration was difficult because of the flexibility issue while g-spot wasn't terribly satisfying for the same reason. Clitoral stimulation was marginally better, but still not quite...right, due, undoubtedly, to the fact that I'm just not that crazy about the Wand's vibrations for the reasons I mentioned in the review above. But it does offer the advantage of simultaneous g-spot/clitoral stimulation if you angle the Wand just right and lean the edge against your clit while it's inserted, so there are certainly advantages to be found right along with the pitfalls.

Now, to be fair, if you love the Magic Wand then the Gee Whiz (or the Gee Whizzard, replete with stimulating bumps) might very well appeal to you and meet all of your needs. The Whiz undoubtedly has its strong points (the silicone material makes the Wand hygenic and more gentle against the girly bits while the phallic extension allows for penetration with those insanely strong vibrations) and I have to say that it's, without a doubt, a quality product that's bound to be appreciated by someone other than me.

That's not to say it doesn't have its downsides, though. Personally, I would be happier seeing the insertable portion made slightly more rigid (along the lines of the Vixskin dildos), although I'm not sure if that would dampen the vibrations even more. Of course, everyone's preference is different and there are, without a doubt, people out there who prefer their dildos (and vibrators) to be extremely flexible. I'm just not one of them.

(Buy a Gee Whiz from Wild in Secret)

No comments: