Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Vixen Creations - Galaxy G

Rating: 2.5/5
Impressions: Pretty, nice design, but it needs stronger vibrations.
Price: $56 from Wild in Secret

Ever since I discovered the joys of g-spot stimulation, I've been trying to find the ideal g-spot vibe. One that's made to target that hard-to-find (for me, anyway) spot but strong enough to actually do some real work once it gets there.

I picked the Galaxy G because it's made by a company that I love (Vixen), is made from a material I feel safe inserting into my body (silicone) and has a design that's fascinatingly specific. Granted, I don't have much luck with vibes that involve bullets (which I love and are often some of the most effective sex toys I try) or other vibes stuck inside silicone sleeves, but I'm always willing to give toys a chance. I never rule something out entirely based on past experiences with similar toys (at least not without trying it).

I have to admit that part of what drew me to the Galaxy G was the pretty, sparkley silver silicone. I do love glittery toys and silver. I admit. I love a pretty toy. But that's not the only reason I was drawn to this particular model. I like the idea of a toy that's tailored exclusively for the purpose of g-spot (or prostate) stimulation and the little "fins" on the base of the body were fascinating. For me, any kind of stimulation is sort of fun but meaningless without some serious clitoral stimulation to back it up, and the Galaxy G looked like it would offer at least some of the stimulation I crave with the positioning of the top fin.

But, alas, while the design itself is damn near perfection (the fins do exactly what I expected them to do, although the top one could be a tad longer for my tastes - on me, it hits me about halfway up my clit and misses the most sensitive spot at the top), the vibrations just aren't strong enough for a power tool girl like me. For someone else who doesn't need as strong of a vibration, I'm sure that this would be a great toy and a lot of fun to play with, but for me, it falls short.

Part of the blame obviously lies in the bullet itself, which isn't nearly as strong as most that I've encountered. It's highest setting (on a continuous dial, which I've gotten to be biased against since getting my Seventh Heaven bullet) seems to be about equal to the medium setting on many other bullets I've owned. But I've never owned one of the longer torpedo bullets that comes with the Galaxy G before, so maybe they're all like this. I can't say for sure.

The rest of the blame lies with the very thing that makes me like this toy: the silicone. Silicone, by it's very nature, muffles vibrations. It also makes the toy body friendly, soft but firm and pretty, but there's bad to go with the good. Even the strongest of bullets would be dampened quite a bit by being encased inside the silicone sleeve on the Galaxy G, and the fact that a weaker bullet is combined with the muffling power of the silicone means that very little vibration actually gets through to the intended spots. I can tell that it's vibrating and it feels pleasant, but it doesn't really do anything for me, sexually.

I may try upgrading this with a better torpedo bullet if I come across one (I could try using an egg-shaped bullet, but then the vibrations wouldn't be transferred throughout the entire silicone body as effectively and there would be hollow spots that would be prone to collapsing under pressure), but as it is, this isn't really the right toy for me. But remember that I'm a power tool girl. Even the Magic Wand isn't a match for my tolerances sometimes. If you prefer a toy that's gentler or don't need the intense vibrations that I need, the Galaxy G might be right up your alley.

(Buy from Wild in Secret)

No comments: