Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Emerita - Response Cream

Rating: 4.5/5
Impressions: Works wonderfully but a bit on the expensive side.
Price: $29.99 from Emerita

The last time I tried a clitoral stimulating product, it was O'My Clitoral Stimulating Gel and it was a dismal failure in nearly every way, so I was hesitant to spend so much money on another cream that might or might not work for me, but based on my love of Emerita's OH Warming Lube and the fact that their cream includes cinnamon bark (which, on me, has a distinct warming and stimulating effect - unless it's concentrated, in which case it has a distinct burning and welting effect) and rosemary (which is supposed to increase blood flow to the clitoris) and not just menthol (which tends to be completely hit or miss with me), I took the plunge.

Incidentally, if you want to try Emerita's Response Cream yourself and don't want to pay full price, you can get their Joy Box which contains small bottles of their Natural Lube, OH Warming Lube (which I love), Response Cream and massage oil as well as a handful of pretty postcards and 2 tealights to set the romantic mood - a very classy package and a great deal - for the very reasonable price of $19.99.

Much like the O'My gel, Emerita's Response Cream directs you to apply a small amount of the cream to your clitoris and vulva (I used a pea-sized amount) a few minutes before sexual activity and wait for the magic to happen; and much like the O'My gel, the Response Cream created a nice warming sensation (not a burning sensation, which I always worry about when it comes to anything containing cinnamon oil or menthol). Unlike the O'My gel, however, I noticed an almost immediate increase in clitoral sensitivity: rubbing in the cream felt very good.

So, grabbing my trusty Lynx and my new love, the Bandit, I settled down to testing this new contender out and I have to say that I'm very happy with the results. Unlike the O'My gel, the Response Cream genuinely seemed to make using my vibrator more pleasurable (something that's hard to do with this particular toy) and definitely increased the intensity and pleasure of my orgasm.

My only real complaint (aside from the expensiveness of the cream) is that it didn't seem to decrease the amount of time it took me to reach orgasm. I've never been a fast orgasmer (Is that even a word? We can make it a word, we have the technology!) and it would be a welcome change to not only be able to increase my sensitivity and orgasm intensity but to be able to reach orgasm in a shorter amount of time. But that's a minor quibble with an otherwise impressive product and it's probably more an issue with me than with the product. I also didn't notice an increase in natural lubrication, but that could have been because the Bandit seems to absorb lube (both natural and not) at a slightly higher than normal rate. Or it could have just been that it didn't increase my natural lubrication to begin with. Either one is plausible.

Of course, as with any product like this, your mileage may vary, so keep that in mind. What works for me might not work for you (and vice versa, of course).

As a side note, I've heard that this product has been reformulated (and that some people don't like the new formulation). I don't know if that's true or if this is the new formulation, but the manufacturer carries the formula I used on their website, so if you're interested in trying the Response Cream and want to make sure you're getting the one that I reviewed, make sure that the packaging looks like the one shown above and that the ingredients are: Water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Myristate, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon) Oil, Menthol, Niacin, Sucrose Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide.

(Buy a bottle of Response Cream from Emerita)

No comments: