Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Vixen Creations - Lonestar

Rating: 5/5
Impressions: Texas-sized, baby! This is one big boy, but don't let that intimidate you.
Price: $99 from manufacturer, $93 from Wild in Secret

As soon as I tried (and fell in love with) Vixen Creations' masterpiece, the Bandit, I knew I had to try the other dildos in the line, particularly Lonestar. As you no doubt recall (and if you don't, then feel free to read the review), I had problems with the Magnum because of its size, but that I also had no problems whatsoever with the Bandit in spite of it actually being larger in some areas than the Magnum. Well, Lonestar puts them both to shame, girth-wise.

This is one big toy, Texas-sized, you might say (sorry, I'm sure you saw that coming, but it's one of those bad puns that has to be said). It measures in at a hefty 6.75" × 1.75", but, surprisingly, there was never a moment of "Oh my God, this thing is enormous...it's never going to fit!" when I pulled it out of the package. I chalk that up to my knowledge that Vixen's Vixskin™ material (which, as I mentioned before, is a phenomenal silicone that feels eerily real) is extremely, and I do mean extremely forgiving. If I hadn't had prior experience with Vixskin™ dildos, I'm sure I would have been intimidated by the sheer girth of this thing (to say the least).

While Lonestar is shorter than the Bandit (6.75" vs. 7.25" respectively), it's diameter throughout the entire shaft is equal to the widest portion - the base of the shaft - on the Bandit (1.75" vs. 1.6 - 1.75"). Simply put, the Lonestar doesn't taper like the Bandit, it's a consistent diameter throughout the entire shaft. A big diameter.

Lonestar was a bit harder to insert than The Bandit, due mainly to the fact that, as I mentioned, it doesn't taper. Common sense should tell you that a dildo that increases in girth as you move down the shaft (so that the slenderest portion is the part that's inserted first) would be easier to insert than one that's consistently large the entire way down (if it were a slim dildo all the way down then this wouldn't apply, obviously), so that's no surprise. But once the head had slipped in it was smooth-sailing.

Let me say, I adore my Bandit and nothing's going to change that but it's now sharing my "favorite dildo" spot with Lonestar. This thing is incredible. It's extremely filling but not painful in the least. It seems to have even more "squish" than The Bandit, which, of course, makes it more comfortable, so that it's girth isn't uncomfortable. It squishes just the right amount without giving up it's eerily realistic firmness.

Personally, I like the fact that Lonestar is shorter than the Bandit. I've found that a thick dildo needs to be shorter for me to be comfortable using it and Lonestar is just the right length. Why that is, I'm not sure. I think it has to do with overall proportions. It just seems to fit my body better if it's short and thicker or long and thinner.

I also have to note that Lonestar is even more eerily realistic aesthetically than The Bandit. I'm convinced there's a man somewhere who lent his privates to science (or rather Vixen Creations) in the creation of this dildo (from the slightly asymmetrical testicles - which are pleasingly squishy and which I find myself squeezing like a stress ball before realizing what I'm doing and stopping myself - to the slightly off-center head and the wrinkles on the shaft, this thing screams "realistic"). Either that or Vixen is getting their money out of the artists in their product development department.

(Buy a Lonestar from Wild in Secret)

No comments: