Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fun Factory - Layaspot

Rating: 3/5
Impressions: Close but no cigar
Price: $44.90 from the manufacturer, $43 from Wild in Secret, $49 from JT's Stockroom

I fell in love with with the Layaspot the moment I saw it in a catalogue in spite of the fact that it was pink...hot pink and magenta to be exact (it does come in other colors, but that's all the store I bought it from had in stock). It was so small and such a neat design...like a perverted mouse for some sort of sex computer. It was intended for clitoral stimulation alone, not for insertion and it was small enough and unobtrusive enough to be used during sex without getting in the way.

It should have been perfect for me and in many ways it is, but its the ways that it isn't (there's really only one that matters, but it's a big one) that were the downfall of this one.

I really wanted to love the Layaspot. I'm a staunch supporter and avid fan of Fun Factory's products. They never fail to make something approachable, even cute (but not cute in a sickening way), with a user-friendly design and consistently make a quality product, even if that product doesn't work for me now and then.

The Layaspot is one of those sad few products that doesn't quite work for me.

I do genuinely love nearly everything about the Layaspot, but notice the "nearly" part. There's one thing about this little gem that keeps me from being in love with it: the vibration intensity. My motto as far as vibrators goes is "the stronger the better." I can put a Hitachi Magic Wand (more on that later) set on high directly on my clit without so much as flinching. Apparently I have an insanely high tolerance for vibrations and it takes a certain amount of oomph to get the desired response out of me.

The Layaspot does have some really nice vibration patterns and the shape is fantastic (perfectly designed to be used with a minimum of handling and non-intrusive enough to be perfect for use during sex as well as solo). The design is impeccable although I did have a problem with my knocking the cap off of the end and stopping the vibrations, but I have a feeling that's user error on my part since I'm notoriously hard on my toys, especially when I'm gripping it hard enough to make it creak ominously, trying to get a more intense feeling out of it...not that I would ever do that. Yeah, right...

Unfortunately for me, the Layaspot qualifies as a certified tease. It's enough to get me interested and then it lets me down by not being quite enough to push me over the edge. It's one of those toys that almost does it, but falls just short of the finish line, but for someone with a less intense tolerance for vibrations, this would undoubtedly be the perfect toy. The vibrations are certainly of a nice intensity, but I'm not your average vibrator user.

(Buy a Layaspot from Wild in Secret or JT's Stockroom)

No comments: